I’m back! Yay! I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve written on my Blog and there really is no excuse other than that I have had 0 TIME, which is the worst excuse of them all. I’m not sure how I feel about this having a social life malarky, because it means that instead of being fresh on a Sunday, up and ready to write Blog posts I’m either hungover or eating?
Anyway, jokes aside I have literally had the busiest last few weeks catching up with everyone post show, actually being able to go out and celebrate for friends’ birthdays and other fun stuff. Now I am completely determined to keep up to date with my Blog as I have so many things to share. I thought I’d jump right to it with my favourite thing – cake!
Now although my calories have increased and I can afford to eat more with no pressure of jumping on stage half naked any time soon, I still love myself a low-calorie sweet treat. My friends over at My Muscle Mug hook me up monthly with the perfect high protein, low calorie snacks, and I am always trying to find ways to make them into different recipes.
Instead of just the standard Mug Cake, I have adapted the Red Velvet flavour and turned them into some super low calorie, high protein cupcakes! These are quite mini but they are filling, and at only 43 calories per cupcake, you can eat the whole batch…
These are so easy and quick to make, less than 5 minutes prep and 10 minutes of cooking! Top with whatever you fancy – my macros include the topping.
- 50g of My Muscle Mug Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 200ml of Vanilla Ufit Protein Drink
- 35g of Egg Whites
- 140g of 0% Fat Fage for the topping
- Raspberries for the topping
- Preheat oven to 160c
- Mix together the mug cake sachet, egg whites and Ufit drink with a spoon – I would do this quickly as the sachet is already pre-made so gets rather thick quite quickly!
- I added 100ml of Ufit first, then stirred together, shortly adding the second 100ml.
- Using a teaspoon, put equal amounts of mixture into your cupcake cases. I made 9 cupcakes.
- Place in the oven and cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Take out, leave to cool and then add your Fage yogurt and raspberries to top!
Macros (per cupcake – I made 9)
Calories – 43
Fat – 0.4g
Carbs – 2.2g
Protein – 7g
For MY MUSCLE MUG Discount use the code – lovefromlaurie10
They have SO many flavours and there’s so many ways you can use them!
Love, L x