Who likes sweat treats under 100 calories a pop? Who likes Chocolate Chips? Who likes muffins? So who WOULDN’T like a combo of all three of the above…?
These were another little creation that stemmed from throwing a few ingredients in a bowl and seeing if it worked.
I will do the cookie dough recipe separately and put the frosting recipe at the bottom but let’s start with these bad boys. If you’re low on time or just fancy make a quick snack these can be ready within half an hour. How good is that? This recipe uses no eggs, butter or anything fancy, just a few simple ingredients. This may or may not have been because I forgot. But they still taste good.
The chocolate I used in these muffins was Conscious Chocolate’s Orange flavour, but you can sub this for whatever choc you like.
For the plain muffins
Ingredients (makes 5)
- 42g of oat flour (I blended Mornflake oats to make this)
- 56g apple sauce
- 30g whey protein (I used Icon Nutrition’s Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl)
- 10g of chocolate or chocolate chips (I bashed up 10g of Conscious Chocolate Orange to make my choc chips)
- 7g coconut Oil
- 25ml chocolate Ufit drink
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 160c.
- Blend your oats to make your flour
- Mix together all of the ingredients apart from the choc chips – give them a whirl with your fork and THEN add the chocolate so they don’t get broken down whilst mixing (my Conscious Choc was very soft so I didn’t want it to get lost in the mixture)
- Bake for 12-15 mins!
- Calories – 95
- Fats – 3g
- Carbs – 11g
- Protein – 6g
Ingredients (this made frosting for 2-3 muffins as I was doing a variation, so double to cover them all)
- 3g PB2 (Chocolate peanut butter powder)
- 15g Philadelphia light
- Mix them together. Lol.
- Not even joking but a few notes – to make PB2 you mix it with a little water first, and then add this to the cream cheese.
- You can also sub PB2 for normal peanut butter
Enjoy, L x