HELLO HELLO! My waffle maker & I are back with a bang! Some of you may have seen from my post on Instagram that I teamed up with the lovely All from Two Chicks Products and did a giveaway of such an amazing prize – 3 cases of egg whites & 3 casesof chirps to 3 lucky winners, all in the name of #eggwhiteday on April 3rd.
Alla asked me if I could reveal an exclusive recipe on #eggwhiteday, and I came up with an insane low-calorie, high protein recipe for some BANGING waffles. For those of you who don’t care about recipes being low in calorie I’m SORRY but prep mode makes you into a little macro-hoarding freak!! And unfortunately for me I can’t be wasting hundreds of calories on delicious treats as much as I want to, so bare with me for a few months! Also, the lower the calorie, the more you can have right?! Feel free to adjust my recipe to how you want!
This recipe serves one person but makes 4 waffles – I stacked mine up and topped them with some delicious treats.
Hope you like it! And don’t forget, if you try it make sure to tag me!
- 60g-70g Egg Whites (2 egg whites)
- 15g Oat Flour (I blended 15g of Mornflake Oats to make this)
- 20g of Protein (I used Icon Nutrition Cookies ‘n’ Cream)
- 1 tablespoon of cinammon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- A little bit of water (judge depending on the thickness of your mixture- I used about 25ml.)
- Simply blend up the oats to make a flour, then add in your eggs, protein, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Give it all a big stir with a fork.
- Add the water if the mixture is too thick, you want it slightly runny like pancake mixture!
- Spray fry lite onto a waffle maker, and leave to heat up for 3-5 mins.
- Pour half of the mixture onto the waffle maker (in the middle – it spreads to the sides by itself) and close the lid to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drench in ALL the toppings!!
Toppings I used:
- Waldens Farm Caramel Sauce
- Conscious Chocolate Mint Hint Organic Raw Chocolate- 65% cocoa (this is amazing- dairy, soya & gluten free!
Macros (without toppings)
Calories – 168
Carbs – 12g
Fats – 2g
Protein – 23g