Hey guys ✌🏽️
So today was my first session back after some time off whilst I was super sick. I’ve not taken longer than 5-7 days off in a longggg time but I really needed to – I tried to train whilst I was ill a couple times and it just made it worse (shock) so I took a couple weeks off to rest & recover, and my body finally thanked me for it and I’m now plague free woohoooo 🎉 And it felt sooo good to be back in the gym, it really is my happy place ☺️
So obviously I had to hit today hard with my fave; legs and glutes. However instead of like normal jumping straight for the heavy weights I kept it relatively light weight, with shorter rest periods and higher reps today to ease myself back in. It was still just as hard, I was a sweaty mess the whole way through and my legs and bum are already aching. Just goes to show you don’t always need to be hitting the big weights, mixing it up and using a different rep range will definitely be beneficial. Your muscles will still grow with that combination!
So here is what I did today 🍑
- Warm up with resistance bands. Sumo Squats, pulse squats, narrow stance squats. 3 sets of 12 of each exercise.
- Squats – 4 x 12. I changed my stance here too, I often use a wide sumo stance for better glute activation (I should really change it up more) so today I used the standard shoulder width and put more focus on the quads.
- Sumo Deadlifts – 4 x 12
- Straight Leg Deadlifts – 4 x 10
- Hack Squat Pyramid (started heavy then reduced weight over sets) 1 x 10, 2 x 12
- Squats into Curtesy Lunges – 3 x 12-15 (absolutely killed me)
- Cable Deadlifts 3 x 12
- Glute finisher (will record next time)
Back at it again with the jelly legs! 🔥 I recorded a few clips of some of the exercises and will be posting them on my Instagram soon! ✌🏽️