After spending 5 months without protein pancakes, I thought it was time I came back with a bang. I went through these 5 months of misery because I thought we didn’t have a good non stick pan to use (I tried the one we had & it resulted in dry fluff stuck to the pan & a waste of a whole scoop of protein 😭 – does anyone else feel slightly heartbroken when you lose even the tiniest bit of protein?!) and I couldn’t be assed to go buy a new one. But I thought enough was enough, and I couldn’t go through it any longer. Little did I know that the stir fry pan would actually do the job 😂
So I used that. And the more successful result, was the fluffiest pancakes which I topped with some naaaaughty ingredients which made up for those 5 sad, pancakeless months.
So I will post the recipe below so you can all enjoy 💖 Normally I only use egg white, oats & protein to keep them low carb & cal so I can go heavy on the toppings 😈 but this time I added a little banana for that extra fluffy boost.
- 35g Egg White
- 1 Egg
- 55g Banana
- 10g Oats
- 20g Protein (I used Peanut Butter Marshmallow Flavour by Cellucor – so good)
- 25ml Almond Milk
- Half tsp of baking powder
- THE TRICK TO MAKING THEM THICK & FLUFFY 👉🏽 DO NOT BLEND. Just mix all ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- Wack a little coconut oil in a pan on a high heat.
- 1-2 tablespoons of mixture will be enough for each pancake. Fry & serve in a stack.
- Add all the toppings 😈 (I used crushed honeycomb Mars (they have the best choc bar flavours in Oz) Nutella and berries).
Macros Without Toppings (So much protein 😍👌🏽)