Sundays are for food prep and baking, and I find that if I make a batch of ‘clean cheats’ for the week, it helps keep me on track. It’s probably obvious but asides from Nutella, Peanut butter is another of my weaknesses..🙈 And so I made these peanut butter protein muffins which taste SO GOOD and have really decent macros. So simple to make, and you can put anything you want in them (I added a few blueberries) or on them- I made them without a frosting but that can be easily added after if you want. Here’s the recipe!
- 142g Jumbo Rolled Oats (blended to make oat flour)
- 35g Protein (I used my Peanut Buttercup Trutein)
- 20g Cocoa Powder (Green & Black’s)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup of 0% fat yoghurt (I use Fage)
- 22g Blueberries (can use anything and any amount you like- macros will differ)
- 10g Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sugar free maple syrup (about 60ml- I got mine from Muscle Foods)
- 25g PB2 (could just use 12 tsp of peanut butter of choice but macros will be fair amount higher) or you could skip this bit and have plain muffins!
- 170mls Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 170c. In one bowl, mix together the syrup, egg, greek yoghurt, blueberries, and coconut oil.
- In another bowl, mix protein, oat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Then slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry, whilst adding the almond milk mixing as you go.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin cases. Using the mixed up PB2 or peanut butter of your choice, place 1 tsp into the middle of each muffin mixture, pushing it down into the middle.
- Cook for 18 mins using the toothpick trick & make sure the it comes out clean!
Macros – Per muffin (makes 12)
Calories – 89
Fat – 3.1g
Carbs – 9.4g
Protein – 5.9g