Finally I’ve got round to putting this recipe up! These protein muffins taste absolutely unreal, only 71 calories, 0.8g of fat & less than 10g carbs it’s hard to not eat the whole batch. I’ve been making a batch of these each week to take to work as a snack #snackgamestrong 🤗
When it comes to the type of protein used in baked protein treats a blend almost always works better. Using just a pure whey does kind of make them a little dry (although I still do sometimes, it can work) but if you can get your hands on a protein/casein blend then I would definitely recommend! I’m obsessed atm with the Quest Nutrition whey protein isolate, micellar casein & milk protein isolate blends. The flavours they have are amazing; salted caramel, peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate milkshake 😍 And the macros are so decent. But above all they work so so well in baking protein treats and in your porridge oats too 🤗
Enough rambling, here’s the recipe 👊🏽
- 20g Salted Caramel Whey (Quest)
- 43g Quick Oats (blended to make a flour)
- 80g Egg White
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 85g Fat Free Yoghurt
- 87g Banana
- 50g Berries
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients (protein, baking powder, oat flour)
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (yoghurt, egg white, banana) (I mush the banana before adding as it makes it easier to blend)
- Once blended, slowly pour the dry into the wet ingredients and stir with a fork to make a thick batter.
- Using a tablespoon, evenly pour the mixture into a muffin tin of 6.
- Once evenly placed, put the berries equally on top of each muffin mixture and slightly push down so that they’re firmly in the top of the muffins (not too far or they’ll explode when cooking!)
- Cook at 160c for 18 mins (do knife test after 17) 🤗